- Our Program is Run in Association with the Library of Congress
- Our Goal is to Establish a Tradition in Law
- To Find the Best
- To Present the Most Coveted Awards
- To Involve the Most Prominent Committee Chairs
- To Celebrate the Greatest Achievements by Lawyers
- Including Attorneys in the Armed Forces
- With an Audience that has Grown to over 500 Guests
- Including Celebrities like Vanessa Williams, Academy Award Winning Singer
- Bernadette Peters, Two-Time Tony Award Winner
- Classical Performer Katherine Jenkins
- Michele Pfeiffer and David E. Kelley
- And Jane Krakowski of "30 Rock" Fame
- With Best-Known Speakers, Including
Tom Brokaw, of NBC News
- Chris Mathews, of MSNBC
- Bob Scheiffer, of CBS News
- Through the Vision of William C. Burton, Founder
- To Create the Greatest Celebration in Law
- The Stage is Now Set for the Next Program on June 9, 2014
- Featuring a Headline Performance by Jay Leno.
Each year since its inception fifteen years ago, the national awards program has grown in stature. The non-profit program is now one of the most prominent and dynamic awards programs in law. Patterned after the Pulitzers, its relationship with the Library of Congress has helped it flourish. Read more about The Burton Awards. Read more about The Burton Awards.
Our guest speakers and award winners have included U.S. Supreme Court Justices Stephen Breyer, Sonia Sotomayor, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, and Antonin Scalia.